In 2013, together with its partner TheValueChain, Umicore IT started a global SAP implementation program for the Automotive Catalyst business unit and all its production sites. The program is based on the new Umicore business process and SAP building block library. The 4-year program entails the definition of a single SAP solution and a centralized master data concept, without neglecting the local country specifics of the different production sites.
The SAP library and rapid deployment methodology allows the business unit in one program to:
- re-engineer existing processes to industry best practices;
- identify and define global and local processes;
- document and govern processes in a process library;
- develop the main processes on a central SAP platform;
- roll out and renew all manufacturing and greenfield sites in a short timeframe.
Combined benefits of template and tailored solution
This new approach of using SAP within Umicore combines the power and benefits of a SAP template and a SAP tailored solution. It ensures fast rollouts, sharp offerings and quality in solution delivery/lifecycle. It allows to govern the solution across different business units, having different business models and parallel teams working on the same SAP system architecture.
Read the full story on sapience.be